As I mentioned a few posts ago, I was recently nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award.
First of all, let me thank The Teen Queen for nominating me. I really enjoy your blog, and I especially love your recipes! 🙂
In November, I had been nominated for another award, which you can read all about in this post. What I love about these awards is that they are a great opportunity for us bloggers to connect and to appreciate each other’s work. I hope you all enjoy reading this post and the great blogs that I will nominate.
Here are my answers to the Teen Queen’s questions:
1. What goal would you like to fulfill in 2018?
I hope to move my career towards the direction that I feel is best for me right now: international relations and, in particular, international negotiations & mediation. It’s the field that I studied and, while I have enjoyed working in development for the past 3 years, I want to go back to it and see what it actually is like.
2. Which book would you recommend to someone as an absolute must-read?
A book that I always take inspiration from, although I realize it’s not for everyone, is “Everything Is Illuminated“, by J. S. Foer. I went to watch the movie with my mum when I was about 14 and thought it was brilliant, so I looked for the novel and read it. While it is hard to understand at times, it is honestly the best book I’ve ever read. The movie is also a great representation of it!
3. What piece of advice have you been given that you really value and cherish?
This is a difficult one. I actually don’t remember any particular advice given to me by anybody. I guess that tells you something about my willingness to listen to other people’s advice…! Not sure whether that’s a good or a bad thing. Aside from the jokes, I like to receive advice from my friend and family members on specific situations, but I’m trying to build my own path in life so I tend to then move on as I feel is right.
Now that I think about it, I do remember one piece of really bad advice I was give. I was about 14 and this guy who I saw as a sort of mentor at my summer job told me to never change the way I am. At the time I was flattered that he thought I was so good that I shouldn’t change, but now I see that I really needed to change, as we all constantly do. What are we, if we don’t change throughout our life? If we don’t learn from our experiences and develop new values?
So, I’m sorry if I can’t really answer the question, but I hope this gives you a bit of insight into who I am.
4. If you could have lunch with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Lately I’m obsessed with Meryl Streep. I have always thought she was one of the best actresses of all times, and these days I hear her speak out about some of the discrimination we see in the world, and I think we could have a great conversation. I would actually like to ask her why she isn’t a feminist and maybe challenge her on this topic. I think she’s an intelligent woman, so I’d like to understand more about her views and opinions.
5. If you could only have one thing to eat (or drink) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That’s an easy one: chocolate! I’m all for chocolate, whether it’s a hot chocolate, a chocolate milkshake or a bar of chocolate. 😉 I’d be happy to have only that for the rest of my life (which would probably be quite short in that case, unfortunately).
That being said, these are the blogs that I nominate are:
- Come with G
- Wanderlust Travel & Photos Blog
- Hyper Child Chill Mom
- Muddling Through My Middle Ages
These are among my favourite blogs. They inspire me, help me dream of other wonderful places and help me relax after a day of work. I absolutely recommend checking them out!
My questions for them are:
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?
- If you could be anywhere right now, where would you like to be?
- Do you dance? If yes, what do you dance? If no, why?
- What’s your favourite quote (from a book, a song, anything else…)?
- When did you start using smartphones?
I hope to read your answers and to check out the blogs you nominate!
- Thank the nominator and post a link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the nominator has set out for you.
- Nominate new blogs and set out questions for them to answer.
- Notify the nominees of their nominations by commenting on their blog or social media
- When creating your nomination post, list the rules and include the Sunshine Award logo in it.